Applying to become a List Guide
Are you interested in becoming a List Guide for the HWG's Mailing
Lists? By being a List Guide, you'll be given a chance to help
out fellow Guild members when they have problems or questions.
You can also improve your writing and communication skills and gain
some light management experience.
Please send your application to the
List Guide Manager at email@example.com. Please include the
following information in your application.
- Alternative email addresses you may have posted to HWG under.
- List or lists you would be most interested in serving on.
- Areas of HTML or web design in which you have experience. Please indicate
level of expertise and give examples of work (URLs only) or other
information to demonstrate.
- How long you've been a member of the Guild.
- Time availability/Current work/school status.
- Special qualifications or skills that may be an asset to the LG program.
- Why you think you would make a good LG.
What the HWG looks for in a LG applicant
This is some, but not all, of the things we look for in applicants. Some of
these are required while others are just pluses.
- Member of the HTML Writers Guild for at least three (3) months.
- No recent (three months) suspensions from the mailing lists.
- At least 4 to 12 hours available each week.
- A reliable email account.
- Experience with mailing lists including how to post, how to subscribe and
unsubscribe, and overall knowledge of how they work.
- Experience in areas of web design that relate to the list(s) you choose.
- Familiarity with the HWG web site and the resources available.
- Eighteen (18) years of age or older is preferred.
- Posting history to HWG mailing lists.
| List Guide Program
| List Guides
| LG Application |
| HWG Mailing List Program
| Mailing List Policy
| List Guide Program |